Aktualna lista organizacji polonijnych zrzeszonych w Kongrasie Polonii Kanadyjskiej Okręg Alberta – https://kpkalberta.com/organizations/
Two nurses, Albina (right) from Russia and Iryna from Ukraine, hold a cross as they participate in a torchlight procession presided over by Pope Francis in Rome on Good Friday.
As you may have heard, we are working hard to start Św. Jan Pawel II Polish Bilingual Public Charter School for September 1, 2022. We are in the process of applying to Alberta Education. If you or anyone you may know would like to enroll their children in this new charter school, please email [email protected].
Here are a few benefits of a charter school:
• Program offered is significantly different than that offered by other divisions
• Follows the AB curriculum with emphasis on the Polish language
• Publicly funded, no tuition fees
• Open to anyone interested in attending
• No Red-Tape, greater autonomy than a regular school within an existing school board
Ukraine needs our help and we are responding!!! Polish Airlines LOT donated a Boeing 787 Dreamliner; Shell Canada donated 50 tonnes of jet fuel to tank it, Alberta firefighters and municipalities are donating emergency equipment, pharmaceutical companies are donating medications.
NOW WE NEED YOUR HELP!!!
On Monday, March 21 & Wednesday March 23, between 2 – 7 PM, please drop off your donation at the POLISH HALL at 10960 – 104 Street in Edmonton. WE NEED: First Aid supplies, pain medications, baby and adult diapers, feminine hygiene products, deodorants, oral hygiene products, outdoor survival equipment, new socks and underwear, walking canes, walkers and crutches
If you have any specialized medical or emergency response equipment, let us know.
Canadian Polish Congress Alberta Society presents Fundraising Concert in Support of Ukraine. The event will take place on Sunday, March 27 @ Polish Hall (lower hall), 10960 104 St, NW, Edmonton, AB.
∙ ZUMI Piano Duo: Zuzana Simurdova & Mikolaj Warszynski
∙ Tatiana Warszynski, violin
∙ Maya Budzinski, violin
∙ Svetlana Sech, soprano
* Admission by donation. All the money collected at the concert will be forwarded to Canada Ukraine Foundation. Tax receipt for donation of $100 or more will be provided if requested. Donations can only be made by cash or cheque to Canadian Polish Congress Alberta Society.
Wielka Orkiestra Świątecznej Pomocy zagra po raz 30. Finał odbędzie się pod hasłem Przejrzyj na oczy, a zbiórka będzie prowadzona pod kątem okulistyki dziecięcej. Celem w tym roku, jest zapewnienie najwyższych standardów diagnostyki i leczenia wzroku u dzieci w Polsce.
W tym roku zbiórkę prowadzi sklep Polish Food Center @ 10131 Princess Elizabeth Ave NW, Edmonton, AB T5G 0Y2
Please encouraged as many folks as possible to:
1. Contact their Ward Trustee and ask why no public meeting as their policy requires. Rather a “Virtual” information session is scheduled. Ask why is administration afraid to see close to 1,000 community supporters from attending a public meeting!. If the Trustee says that a virtual meeting is required due to COVID, then ask them why is that there is only one reference to COVID at the end of the Closure Report. I guess what is good for them is OK, but not for us!
2. Complete the Engagement Survey — 12 questions that appear to be slanted towards the administration’s desire to eliminate heritage language programs. Don’t be afraid but do tell them what you think — Please refrain from foul language, etc. we must again demonstrate that unlike others we are civil!
3. Register you and all of the members of your family and all of your members and their families for both the so called “Virtual Meeting” and the table top sessions.
Do read this Report: https://www.ecsd.net/page/38344/notice-regarding-st-basil-school
Here are key links for your use:
https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/BasilEngageSurvey — Do passionately complete the survey — tell them that you think — Nicely please.
https://www.eventbrite.ca/e/st-basil-catholic-elementaryjunior-high-school-virtual-meeting-tickets-227312697397 — Register for the Virtual meeting.
https://www.eventbrite.ca/e/st-basil-catholic-elementaryjunior-high-school-table-talks-tickets-227994165687 — Register for the one hour table talk sessions.